
Fforde, J. (2002). The Eyre affair. New York: Viking.
Annotation: In an alternate reality in 1985, where cloning and time travel are common, literary detective Thursday Next must enter Jane Eyre to rescue Jane from literary homicide.
Summary: I'm really sorry. I know this was one of the book discussion group selections. The farthest I got in my three attempts to get into this book was to chapter 5 so I am unable to summarize it.
Review: I tried to get into this book. I REALLY tried since it was for a book discussion group. I absolutely hated it. I found myself confused the majority of the time and really not enjoying myself. I put it down and restarted the book three times. Did I mention I hated this book? I can't think of one person I'd recommend this to.
Possible recommendations: Other books by Jasper Fforde.
Rating: 1Q, 1P
No comments:
Post a Comment